These brownies taste as good as the best and can be made in 5 minutes. The secret is in the cacao powder, naturally! The mixture freezes well and will last a few days too. Sound piece of advice: try not to gobble them all up at once!
150g Medjool pitted dates
30g Pacari organic drinking cacao powder
A pinch of sea salt
20g Raw organic chocolate covered cacao nibs
1. Blitz walnuts in a food processor
2. Throw in dates and pulse gently until they are reduced and well blended with the nuts. Add more dates if the mixture is not sticky enough. *See our notes about dates below!
3. Mix in the honey, salt and the cacao powder. Note, please be very careful about over-processing here, as there is a fine line between the mixture being blended and too 'buttery'
4. Ease mixture into a brownie tin lined with parchment paper and smooth out with your hands
5. Sprinkle some left over chopped nuts on top (if you're a nut fan) alongside some of our raw organic chocolate covered cacao nibs for that added extra bit of WOW!
6. We like to pop this in the fridge to let it chill for a few hours before eating.
*We use Medjool dates not only because the quality is second to none, but also as they're nice and moist. Depending on the quality you use, you may need to soak your dates first if they are not moist enough.
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know what you think on our social media channels. As always, we would love to hear from you!