What do you think when the days get longer, the weather gets warmer, and it slowly starts to feel like spring again? Of course, it´s Fairtrade Fortnight time! Every year at the end of February and the beginning of March, people all across the UK come together to share stories about fair and ethical business practices and also about their opposite: the exploitation and mistreatment of many in the mine, clothes and also in the cocoa industry.
What a lot of people don´t know: Being Fairtrade certificated does not necessarily mean that you are buying something which is 100 % ethical, because Fairtrade only certifies products, ingredients, but not enterprises. It can happen that you are buying a Fairtrade chocolate, where just the ingredients are certified under the Fairtrade mark, but you think the whole chocolate has been produced ethically. So can companies with unethical behaviours, like; exploiting worker relationships, deforestation, having products related to supply chains with, slavery or child labour also acquire the Fairtrade mark for that particular bar.
Fairtrade Fortnight is the time to really look where your products come from; it´s the time to go beyond just a label and beyond all minimum requirements. It is the time to really make a change. That´s what Pacari stands for; that´s why we are certified by World Fair Trade Organisation as a Fair Trade enterprise.
And we want to use these special next two weeks to raise awareness about what Fair Trade really looks like…. And how could we better do that than with a little challenge, where there is ethical and Fair Traded PACARI CHOCOLATE to win?
You can enter the chocolate challenge either through Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. What you have to do varies across platform, but there will be 2 winners on each one! So, participating in all three will enhance your chances…. Check out our Social Media to find out how to enter!
Extra bonus: Use the hashtag: #PacariukFTF2021 to spread the word!
The competition starts today 27th February 2021 (so, hurry up!) and ends on at midnight on the 7th March 2021. The lucky winners will be contacted on the 9th!
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: Fair Business Alliance, 1A Torphichen Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8HX
- Employees of Fair Business Alliance or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Closing date for entry will be Sunday 7th of March at midnight. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted. The winners will be announced the following week on the 9th of March.
- The winners are encourage to submit a review of their prize.
- There will be 6 prizes consisting of 5 chocolate bars each (selected by us and not the participants).
- The competition runs on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. Only one entry per person per platform is allowed. Winners will be chosen independently on each platform. If you win on one platform, you cannot win on another.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied by any entrant.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- The entrants must be aged 18+ and residents in the UK.
- The winner will be selected at random by software provided by http://www.classtools.net/random-name-picker (or similar alternative) from all entries received and verified by Promoter and/or its agents.
- The winner will be contacted on the platform, where they´ve won. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within two days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- This competition is in no way endorsed by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any of its subsidiaries.
- The promoter will send the prize to the winners via Royal Mail.
- All competition entrants agree to be subscribed to the Pacari Chocolates UK monthly newsletter.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The winners agree to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, and in some cases to confirming their eligibility for winning the prize. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Organiser: Noa Flemming at Pacari Chocolate UK