To celebrate pumpkin season, we have the most delicious recipe, courtesy of vegan and gluten-free actress Marina Kristensen. These Pumpkin Chestnut Chocolate Chip Cookies taste just delicious and like all of Marina's vegan recipes, incorporate a great mix of healthy ingredients.
These cookies are vegan, gluten free and naturally sweetened. Sooo good!
180g pure Pumpkin Puree (Marina made her own Hokkaido puree)
60g Chestnuts (vacuumed)
60g ripe Banana
50g grounded Almonds
30g Quinoa Flour
1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
25g of 100% Pacari Chocolate Drops @pacariuk
1 tsp Cordyceps
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/ 340°F and like a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a bowl press the chestnuts, with a fork, into fine crumbles and mash the banana into it
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined
- Place 12 dough balls on the baking tray and flatten them to about 2cm/ 0.8" and bake them for about 28 - 32 minutes
- After baking transfer them on a cooling rack, however they also taste great when eaten warm
- Store in a cookie box in a cool and dry place for no longer than two days or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Have you tried baking with pumpkin yet this autumn? Let us know if you give this recipe a try!
You can find Marina on Instagram at @marinakristensensah and on Twitter at @LiveWithMarina for more yummy vegan inspiration. Thanks Marina!
*Please note, Marina was not paid for this post but does receive Pacari chocolate as part of an ongoing partnership.