For us, Kate Tobar (Instagram @katemtobar) is the queen of healthy snacks and these Nutty Sweet Potato Vegan Brownies🌱🍫👩🏻🍳 sure don't disappoint.
We hope you enjoy this healthy AND delicious step by step vegan recipe, which we know will smell good in your kitchen this weekend. Try it out? Let us know what you think. And don't eat them all at once 😀😋
• 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
• 12 medjool dates, pitted
• 100g ground almonds
• 100g oat flour
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
• 6 tablespoons cacao powder
• 6 tablespoons maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons peanut butter
• Water from 1x 400g can chickpeas
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• Handful of Pacari dark chocolate chips 70% or 100%
• Pinch of sea salt
• Extra chopped almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180c, fan setting.
2. Place the sweet potato into a steamer or in a saucepan with boiling water for 15-30 minutes, until they become really soft (the length of time will depend on the size of the chunks).
3. While the sweet potatoes cook, grind the oats in a food processor until they form a flour, place to one side.
4. Once the sweet potatoes are soft and beginning to fall apart, drain them and add them to a food processor with the pitted dates. Blend until smooth. Now add the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate) and blend until smooth. Once blended, stir through the chocolate chips and the extra chopped almonds (if using).
5. Spoon the mixture into a lined baking dish and cook for 45-50 minutes until you can pierce the brownie with a fork and bring it out clean.
6. Remove the tray and allow it to cool for at least 10 minutes – this is really important as it needs this time to stick together.
7. Once cool, find somewhere comfy and enjoy!