Today we are sharing a delicious chocolate cupcake recipe from our friend and healthy chef, Annerie, you can follow her on Instagram @annerie6 & @healthynre
- 1/2 bar of Pacari chocolate finely grated
- 1-15 ounce can of no-salt-added black beans
- 4 large eggs or flax eggs as a non-dairy alternative
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup cane or coconut sugar (organic honey or agave works well as a sweetener too)
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted organic butter or melted coconut oil as a non-dairy alternative
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons strong instant coffee
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour (almond, oat, coconut, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Optional* fresh strawberries, sliced and shredded coconut for garnish
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees Celsius and prepare a 12-cupcake pan with liners.
2) Thoroughly rinse the beans in cold water and puree them with the dates and applesauce in a blender.
3) Add in 2 eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt and blend for a few minutes until a smooth consistency is reached. Then, add in the next egg and blend more and the same with the last egg. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
4) Dissolve instant coffee into the hot water and add to the bowl, along with cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, chia seeds and grated chocolate and mix until all is well incorporated.
5) Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes before cooling completely on a cooling rack and adding your favourite toppings.
Try it and let us know what you think ;)