The weather is a bit grim where we are. Not sure about you, but that always makes us want to cheer things up by cracking out the baking kit!
This Mint Chocolate Pudding by Marina Kristensen seems like the perfect blend of summer, with just the right amount of cosiness that we're looking for right now. Marina impresses once again with this new creation, showing how our chocolate really stands out in a pudding alongside the sweet potato and dates. It's a vegan / gluten-free dessert that doesn't even need a baking tin, can be made in advance, is super quick to prepare and healthy too. What's not to love?
MINT CHOCOLATE PUDDING
90g Sweet Potato
70g - 80g Dates
20g Coconut Flakes
1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
20g Chocolate Drops*
14g Cacao Powder
12g Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Agar Agar
5 - 7 Drops Peppermint Oil
- cut and cook the sweet potato, dates and coconut flakes in the pot with 160ml of (pre-heated) water for 3 - 5 minutes. Let the mixture cool down a little and blend
- combine vanilla, cacao powder and agar with 50ml of room temperature water
- mix all ingredients in the pot and add as much hot water until the mixture weighs 625g - 640g
- bring to a boil, stir constantly
- after 2 - 3 minutes it should be thick and bubbling, turn off the heat, whisk for a few more seconds and pour straight into a bowl or individual jars
- when the pudding has cooled down to room temperature, let it set in the fridge for at least 1 hour
*To note: Marina used 100% drops, but if you like it a little sweeter use 85% drops.
Let us know if you try this recipe! We also always love to hear of your recipes using our chocolate drops. Happy baking!