Prepared by Kira, Personal Trainer at MotivatePT.
This Vegan Chocolate and Coconut Toffee Crisp Bar is the perfect snack to satisfy those mid-day sugar cravings at work. With the crunch from the brown rice cereal and the sweetness from the toffee, you get a delightful combination of all flavours that will keep you energized until dinner. These vegan bars are a healthier option than the usual cereal bars as they do not contain any refined sugar and provide a lot of nutrients from the coconut milk and coconut oil. In a nutshell, this is a decadent and delicious recipe, without the guilt!
- Pacari Raw Organic Chocolate 85% Cacao (Gold World Winner 2018) + Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cups of Coconut Milk
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Brown Rice Crisps Cereal
- Prepare an 8x8 tin with greaseproof paper.
- Make your caramel by adding the coconut sugar, coconut milk, and coconut oil to a medium saucepan. Make sure to constantly be whisking the mixture. Once it reaches a boil and bubbles, reduce heat slightly and whisk intermittently for 15-20 minutes until the mixture has reduced and thickened to a toffee sauce.
- Remove from the heat and quickly mix in the crisped brown rice cereal. Make sure this step is done quickly as the toffee will harden.
- Once mixed, transfer to the prepared tin. Flatten as much as you can then let cool in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the Pacari chocolate in a bain-marie or use the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Remove the toffee crisp mixture from the fridge and spread the chocolate sauce evenly on the toffee crisp mixture. Then leave to set in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the mixture into approximately 10 bars and serve!
- Keep the bars stored in the fridge.