DISPLAY Box of 10 Organic Chocolate Bar Piura Quemazón 70% Cacao
Amazing Piura Quemazon, limited edition, the one for all true chocolate lovers!
Our Limited Edition chocolate bars are made with some of the rarest cacao beans on earth meaning they are only available in limited quantities. Unsurprisingly, these bars have won dozens of International Chocolate Awards between them.
As you may know, Pacari chocolate is normally made from Arriba Nacional cacao beans native to Ecuador. In contrast, this chocolate is made from cacao beans native to Piura, a region in the North-West of Peru. There's something else that's special about these beans, they're albino,and, in fact, they're the only albino bean that survived the migration of cacao from the Amazon to the coast.Their rarity is matched only by their taste. The bar's earthy aroma and fruity and floral notes have earned it the most awards in our range.
George Gensler describes the tasting notes as follows:
"The opening note is sharp, evoking, again, a rawness, though this is not a raw bar. There are notes of dried fruit, raw cocoa beans, citrus and, towards the end, nuts, all tumbling over each other on a wave of chocolate flavor that persists throughout and for a while after the other notes have faded."
- Silver Medal, World Finals, International Chocolate Awards 2016
- Silver Medal, World Finals, International Chocolate Awards 2014
- Gold Medal, World Finals, International Chocolate Awards 2013
- Silver Medal, Americas, International Chocolate Awards 2013
- Silver Medal, World Finals, International Chocolate Awards 2012
- Gold Medal, Americas, International Chocolate Awards 2012
This product has 10 x 50g bars.
This product is nut free, soy free, gluten free, dairy free, palm oil free, vegan, kosher, organic, plant base and fair trade.