Who says salami can’t be vegan? And most importantly, who says salami can’t be chocolatey?!
Looking for new ways to work with your vegan ingredients? Try this vegan chocolate salami and get creative! Follow along the recipe and add your own flavour twists too. For example, try using different flavours of Pacari chocolate bars to add a burst of flavour!
To create this rich and delicious chocolate treat just follow the recipe below…
100g of Rich Tea Biscuits (or any other vegan biscuits)
50g of mixed nuts (or other dry ingredients such as dried fruit)
100g of Pacari chocolate (any flavour!)
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of plant based milk
- Put the biscuits into a bowl and roughly crush them into small and uneven pieces
- Add your mixed nuts or other dried ingredients to the bowl and mix in
- Chop your Pacari chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Fill ¼ of a pan with boiling water and place on a low heat. Put the bowl of chocolate onto the pan, ensuring that the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Let the chocolate melt.
- Once the chocolate is smooth, add the olive oil and mix well. Repeat with the plant based milk. Mix thoroughly to ensure all liquid is incorporated and the chocolate mix is thick and smooth.
- Take the chocolate bowl off the heat and add to the dry ingredients bowl. Mix well.
- Roll out a sheet of grease proof baking paper, it should be big enough to wrap round your entire mix. Place the mix evenly along the baking paper, ensuring that it is placed close to one of the edges of the paper, in a rough salami shape. Roll the paper tightly around the mix and secure both sides with elastic bands.
- Place in the freezer for 2 or more hours, ensuring that when you unwrap the salami it holds together.
- Cut in thin slices and serve with fresh fruit or a hot drink. Once served, place any extra back in the freezer to enjoy another day.
For more Pacari recipes check out some of our other blog posts, and shop our website to get your hands on our award winning chocolates!